Friday, January 7, 2011

Cebu City Marathon: My cheesy running music

I used to.

But now I don't. I listen to my body and feel the poundage of the streets.

But then again, Bob Marley once said, "One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain."

So here I am, just in case I need a little prodding in my head when I "hit the wall" at the 32-km mark (Glycogen depletion = mind says GIVE IT UP ALREADY!), I have prepared my playlist for this Sunday's marathon. I won't be playing this at the beginning of the race but I'm sure this could come in handy when I start running back up UP Lahug's killer uphills.


With exception to Jedward's Under Pressure released in 2010, the list compiles more than an hour of songs that come from the hair-flares and spandex of the 80s (age-revealing playlist, I'm sure): from new wave artists like Seona Dancing's More to Lose, The Cure's Just Like Heaven and The Wild Swan's Bringing Home the Ashes to 80s legendary rock artists Queen on The Invisible Man, Guns N Roses' You Could Be Mine (remember John Connor?), U2's One and Bon Jovi's more recent video featuring a running man, chased by a pack of dogs at one point, in It's My Life.

Any way you run, with or without music, let's have a great time this weekend, marathon virgins! (Sorry, no Air Supply.)

No comments:

Post a Comment